Sunday, February 28, 2010

Don't use that kind of language around me!

If one more person tells me I need to "Take it easy" I think I am going to slap them. Seriously. I would LOVE to take it easy right now. There is nothing I would like better than to be sitting around not cleaning, not cooking, not running after Wesley, not picking up Legos (again), not worrying about the bills, not trying to get the house ready to put on the market to sell, not trying to sell Christopher's car (any takers? 2008 Astra-it's all yours), not doing laundry, not doing FRG stuff, not paying the bills, not running the household by myself. It would be great if someone wanted to send me and Wesley (or maybe just me) on a vacation, take care of everything for me and just let me sit on the beach drinking non-alcoholic frozen beverages and grow Baby Henry. Please! I am ready and can be packed in about 10 minutes! 

Back to reality. No one is going to do that for me. While I have fantastic friends down here, they are all busy being mom's and spouses of deployed soldiers too. They are also packing to move or getting their houses ready to sell or just living their busy lives. The fact of the matter is, there is no one besides me to get this all done. I am not really sure what everyone expects me to do. I HAVE to do it all by myself. That is part of being the wife of a deployed soldier. If my husband was here he would be helping me and happy to do it, but he's not. 

What I need is for people to STOP telling me to relax and give me practical solutions (or just sit and listen to me complain for a while). I am not going to relax, I don't have that option. Also, telling me "If you think it's hard now, what are you going to do when you have two?" or "I don't know what you are going to do when you have two little ones running around" is not helpful, it's more stuff I don't need to hear right now. Some words of encouragement would be great. Maybe telling me it will be ok, once I get settled into a routine it will be fine. Or that if I get the house sold then it's one less thing I will have to worry about-that would be fantastic to hear! Maybe if we gave second time mom's more positive encouragement instead of eluding to the fact they have failed before they have even begun, they would not feel like failures. Like they shouldn't have even considered having a second baby because there is no way they can hack it. Come on people! 

No comments: