Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Bucket List

Nature's first green is gold, 
Her hardest hue to hold. 

Her early leafs a flower; 
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So Eden sank to grief, 
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay.
-Robert Frost


Ah! Don't worry, you are not getting a poetry lesson today. Autumn is my favorite season and it makes me think of poetry. Since I am not very good at writing it myself I turn to my favorites of others who are good at it.

Autumn is here even thought it felt more like fall last weekend than it does right now. When we lived in Savannah it would take forever for "fall" weather to finally hit and by the time it did we were pulling Christmas decorations out. After living in Maryland for most of my life and having seasons, changes in leaves, weather cooler than the 80's in September/October/November I am greatly looking forward to autumn in Virginia where we can experience all that with the kids. Hopefully it will cool off a bit in the next few weeks (and yes, I realize that Virginia is technically "the south"). At least I know that this time next year we will be experiencing fall weather up in New York. :)

Autumn is my favorite time of year. It was hard to miss it living in the south. I love the leaves changing colors and falling to the ground. I love the mums, pumpkins, gourds, all the smells and flavors of fall. I just love it all. This year I am determined to enjoy it with my family and make some good fall memories.

On Pinterest I found a great Fall Bucket List and I told Christopher that we would be doing everything on the list. I can't wait! Since the first official day of Fall was Friday (Sept. 23) that was our official kick off date. It will be a few more weeks before we can do some of the stuff on this list (like leaf art and taking a nature walk. Well, I guess we could take a nature walk now but the leaves are not changing yet so it wouldn't be very exciting).  I am looking forward to doing this stuff before we move because I have the feeling once we hit Niagara Falls it will be straight to winter weather. Hopefully by then I will be ready to bring on the snow!
fall bucket list


No comments: