Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Important things I have taught my child.

This is the conversation I had with Wesley while getting him ready for school. He was putting on the Dallas Cowboys socks that his great-grandmother had bought for him as she is a big fan.

Me:"Wesley, do you know whose team is the Dallas Cowboys?"
Wesley: "No."
Me:"It's Hampaw's favorite team." (Hampaw is Christopher's dad).
Wesley: "Oh. Our team is the Ravens. That is who we root for."
Me: "Yup, that is right. Who else do we root for?"
Wesley: "Um.....NOT the Steelers. They are on the bottom of the list."

I am so proud of him right now. From what little I know about football, at least I have thought him one lesson really well: never root for the Steelers. Ever. That is why they are on the bottom of the list.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I don't like you anymore and can't ever be friends again :( just joking I could care less about football, I like soccer dh on the other hand is a Steeler's fanatic and have been shedding a couple tears later bc of his team and he has taught my children to scream "black and gold". No worries, they know how to say "Gooooooooooal" too so its all good ;)