Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good samaratins





We went to the commissary today. On our way home, as we were driving up the long road into our neighborhood, we saw a distressed looking woman holding two dogs on leashes and a wet kitten. So, of course we pulled over to see if we could help. She had found the kitten while walking her dogs (there were 3 of them) and didn't want to leave them for fear they would be killed. So, we grabbed an extra grocery bag, piled them in and took them home. We put them in a box in the garage. It was later in the day and we didn't think we would make it to the animal shelter in time to drop them off. Christopher is taking them tomorrow. I have warned him not to get attached and I keep pointing to Princess, reminding him what cute little kittens turn into (oh how we have been suckered in before!). I know what the animal shelter is like, I feel bad there isn't a better way to deal with them, but they need food and care and shots and to be fixed. We definitely can't support an additional three cats to the three we already have. I wish I could get them all homes, but I can't. They are maybe 3-6 weeks old. They are so tiny! I hope that they can be found a loving home, I guess giving them that chance is better than letting them get hit on the side of the road. Wesley is fascinated by them. They are very vocal right now. Oh, and they appear to be the same coloring with gray/white fluffy fur and blue eyes. I am trying not to give them names, as that would make me more attached! 

No comments: