Monday, July 18, 2011

My Mac decided to start charging itself again today. I am taking advantage of this by uploading some new pictures and make a new blog post (obviously!).

We have been really busy at of late. At first it was because I didn't have access to a computer all the time and I had a lot of "extra" time on my hands because I wasn't on blogger/Facebook/Pinterest. Then my husband got me an iphone for my birthday (as an early present, I am hitting the big 3-0 this year I deserve a big gift, right?). So now I am consumed with playing Angry Birds and trying to beat Wesley's high score because he is WAY better at it than I am. But that is ok because when he starts to beat me I can always take the phone away and say something along the lines of "Because I am the mom" or "Because I said so" and he won't question me (too much).

Anyway, my mom came down this weekend and we did lots of fun stuff including going to the Richmond Zoo. If you are ever in the area you should check it out, it is a really nice zoo. The animals were very active and we saw lots of cool stuff. Wesley wanted to take home just about every animal we saw.
Fuzzy picture, but this was a Burmese Python. Wesley tried to speak Parsel tongue to let it out but it didn't work. At least it didn't work on the python, but later we saw a black snake crawl out of a cage and my mom freaked out. So maybe his magical powers are just slightly delayed. Guess we will find out in 6 year if he makes it into Hogwarts.

Toucan Sam!

Penguins. These guys were awesome. I seriously wanted to steal one and take one home they were so cute. But I had to be a responsible parent and explain how we needed to leave them there where they could be properly cared for.


 Feeding the giraffes. This was pretty cool.




Galapagos Tortoises. I can't believe how much they were moving around or how fast they went. 

Here is a picture of my kids! Oh, no wait those are chimpanzees. But if you knew my kids you could see how I could be confused. ;)

Ok, really, here are my kids:

 My mom and Henry.
 Henry on his first carousel ride. He was unsure at first but then he was loving it and had a fit when we took him off. 
 Out of order pictures-oops. We were hanging out by the llamas but you can't really see them. 



 Wesley
Silly boy.


Alright, tea time. More later. 

No comments: