Thursday, August 18, 2011

The big 3-0!

I had about a million things to blog about in the past week but every time I would get on the computer my mom would yell at me for being on the computer "all the time" even though it sat in my room, untouched, for most of the week except when I was giving away all her stuff for free on craigslist. So, really, most of my computer time was spent doing stuff for her but whatever.

It was a very exciting vacation. You have already heard about the wedding and the found wedding photos. Then came the most exciting event of all: My 30th birthday weekend extravaganza! I know, I can't believe I am 30 now. Thirty. 3-0. Three decades. I remember thinking as a kid that 30 was sooooooooo far off, that I would never reach it. And now, here I am. I am excited though. I think the next decade is going to be a good one. Even if, by the end of it I will have a teenager who is getting a learners permit and an 11 year old (no, that can't be possible). Ok, enough scareing myself with visions of the future. Lets get to the really important stuff-my birthday loot.

My dear, dear, husband got me an iphone for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I call it my "ihusband" because it does everything for me except take out the trash. I love it. We will be celebrating our one month anniversary next week. Ah, new love. My mom sent me out for a manicure and pedicure while she watched the boys (and she took me out to lunch). I decided to rebel against turning thirty and got my nails painted a lovely lavender color. However, it backfired on me because instead of my mom complaining about the color I pick (Why do you pick those crazy colors? Why all the dark shades? Why can't you pick out a nice pink?) she said it looked nice. Now, I know my mom and she wouldn't just say that because it was my birthday. I am actually picking colors my mother approves of now. Oy. I am getting old!

My brother Kyle and his wife-to-be Ashley got me a very nice card, $30 in itunes gift cards and a Peppermint Patty. Yum. I had to hide it from Wesley so the little weasel wouldn't steal it. They then went with me to see Wesley sing the songs he learned at Vacation Bible School. That was a gift in itself, it was awesome to see him up there singing and dancing and then, of course, Henry would NOT be left out so he toddled his way up there and started dancing and trying to do the hand motions too. So. Frickin'. Cute. Wesley also made me lots of post-it notes with "I love you" written on them. I will be keeping them forever. Then my brother Brad stopped by and gave me my gift from him and his girlfriend Lauren (hi Lauren!) -a cheese dish from Crate and Barrel. I love it and have already used it. It made the cheese taste MUCH better.





My dad pays for my XM every year, so that is my brithday present from him. Then I went to Sephora where everyone wished me a Happy Birthday and I got a FREE bottle of Philosophy shower gel in Vanilla Birthday Cake. Love it.
http://www.chitowncheapskate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/happy_birthday.jpg

On Saturday I had a small get-together with my family:Christopher, Wesley and Henry, my mom and dad, Debbie (my mother-in-law), Brad and Lauren, Kyle and Ashley, and Seth and Kaelee (they are my brother and sister also). We had steamed crabs, if you are ever in Maryland you have to try them.
Now that is a bushel of crabs!


Ready to feast! Just look at all that Old Bay.

Christopher looking a big evil here.

Just get someone to teach you how to open them. Or, better yet, invite me to show you how to open them. ;) We grilled out and had Utz potato chips and sodas and "Boh-tinis".
Lauren and her "Bohtini". Take a Natty Boh, rim the top with Old Bay, pop open and enjoy!
Three Amigos. Brad, Kyle, Christopher.

'Cause babies taste better with a little Old Bay on them.

Ashley, me, and Lauren.

Me and my future sister in law!

Naked baby. If you are wondering where Wesley was, he spent about 95% of the time holed up in Seth's room playing XBox. He came out for cake though. 

After we had gorged ourselves on crabs and it started to drizzle we all headed inside (and out of the heat!) where we had family sing along time.
Just like the Von Trapp Family. Minus the Nazis. And the ability to sing together, in tune.

Henry's first guitar lesson.
Then is was time for CAKE! It look forever to light all the candles. Which we didn't have enough of and had to use a number 7 candle to have a total of 31 (30 + 1 to grow on).
Lighting the candles...

...and still lighting.....

Finally! Done!

Hilarious picture of Brad singing "Happy Birthday" to me. 

Other random pictures from my big day:
Dad and me.

Mom leaving with Henry.

Bros before....wait, that doesn't apply here.


Ashley looks like she is going to shiv Kyle. She is definetly ready to be his wife! :)

Brad looking a bit dazed. Too much Old Bay perhaps?

My mother-in-law brought me my gift: two jars of "Oh My Gourgeous" body cream and-wait for it-and "Peaches and Cream" Barbie doll.
http://www.1000barbies.com/036/SUC50572.JPG

I still have my original one-except she is missing all her accessories and he hands are all chewed up because of our stupid dog. But she was my favorite and the only one I kept. I was telling my mother-in-law about it and she remember and got it for me. I seriously wanted to take it out of the box and play with it but 1) my brothers would have totally made fun of me 2) I would have had to share with my little sister (she is seven, and it would look bad if, as the older sister I did not share or play nicely and set a good example) and 3) I am thirty and thirty year olds don't play with Barbies......right? Maybe. I am still thinking about taking her out of the box, dressing her up, brushing her hair. I am sure I could find a way for Peaches and Cream Barbie to play along with Darth Vader and the AT-AT. Riiiiiggghtttttt.......


1 comment:

Our Traveling Circus said...

Happy 30th! Looks like you had a great one. I'm totally jealous of your Peaches and Cream Barbie, I loved that Barbie and her awesome sparkly top and poufy dress.