Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wedding Shower!

This past Saturday I helped host a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law Ashley. I am SUPER excited she is going to be marrying my brother Kyle (and keeping him in line) so I really wanted to make the shower speical for her. She is one of the nicest, sweetest people you could meet and she deserved a special day. The shower was held at her parent's house and I was in charge of the decorations. With some help from the maid of honor, my brother (thr groom-to-be) and the bride-to-be herself we made tissue paper floating orbs, hung up streamers and bells and put together a candy bar. A few weeks ago I was freaking out over doing decorations (mainly because I have champagne ideas on a beer budget!) but we made it work and it was beautiful.

The cake! So yummy, it was lemon cake with butter cream icing.

The Bride-to-be's chair! Like the umbrella? Granny bought it and I thought that she was going to shiv me if I didn't hang it up even though I was not prepared to hang up an umbrella and there was no "easy" way to do it. Luckily I am smart and was able to Macguyver it up there.
 

The Maid-of-honor's chair.

Decorations! We hung these with fishing line, genius! They are still hanging up because they liked them so much!

My brother Kyle decorated the front banister. Not bad for someone with only one X chromosome. ;)

Candy Bar! When I first mentioned this to my husband he thought we were literally going to make a giant candy bar. Then I showed him pictures. This was a HUGE hit and like the decorations the candy table is still up at their house. We had Kyle and Ashley tell us their favorite candies and we tried to get as many as we could.

The Happy Couple!
The party went great, the food was fantastic (he aunt made most of it, it was delish!), the sangria was tasty and everyone had a good time.

Opening up my gift: a chips and dip bowl. The girl is gonna have to learn how to make guac now that she is part of the family! Or at least have something to serve it in when I come over and bring it. :)

My cousin Caroline, the flower girl, my Aunt Karen and me.

SUPER excited over her mixer! She is so cute.

Ok, so picture taking did not go so well because there were 50 million cameras and no one knew which way to look. This is, Amanda (a bridesmaid) Anne (the bride-te-be's mom), Candace and Anna (sisters of the bride and bridesmaids) Ashley, my mom and me (also going to be a bridesmaid).  
We had a great day and then Ashley and I had a great time talking by the pool and getting to know each other a little better. I stayed way to late, but then I got to see the special end they have planned for their wedding: chinese lanterns! They are going to have all the guests light them and let them go at the end of the wedding. And for the eco-friendly, they are biodegradeable. :)
Just like in "Tangled". 

No comments: