Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Seven long years ago....

All this preparing for my brother's upcoming wedding has got me thinking about  my own wedding day 7 years ago. On June 26th, Christopher and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. Since he was home this year and we were up in Maryland visiting we went out to a VERY nice champagne brunch (no kids!) then visited with friends of ours, the Kellers. It was nice to be "dating" again-all dressed up on a Sunday to just hang out and have a glass of wine with other adults without having to worry about naps or bottles or teething or anything else!

As my mom was cleaning out her house to put it on the market this week she found a bunch of CDs with wedding pictures from our wedding on it that the officiant's wife had taken for us. So, I thought I would share some wedding pictures of our big day.

Peeking through the window at everyone arriving.

Me and my brothers, from L-R, Kyle, Seth and Brad.

Pretty in pink! My mother in law, me and my mom. Of course, my mom did have some crazy poodle-type hair going on that day (sorry Mom!).

Really need to figure out that rotation thing on here. Anyway, my dad walking me down the aisle. He was so sad. He likes my husband very much but was not ready to give his baby girl away. I had to practically drag him down the aisle!

Kissy, kissy!

Waiting around for family photos to be taken.

Mr. and Mrs.!

This was our appetizer table. It was AWESOME. Two friends put this together for us, the food (what little I had of it) was excellent and it was so pretty.

Our cake. Ok, so, the cake was NOT supposed to look like this. I wish I still had the picture of what it was supposed to look like but I am pretty sure that she lost it, forgot what it was supposed to look like, and tried to fix her mistake at the last minute. I wish she would have just left it white instead of trying to turn it into an aqua blue (it should have been french blue fondant with white flowers all over it. She got the flowers right). At least it tasted good. And seven years later people are STILL talking about our wedding cake, which usually doesn't happen.

Stealing a moment for ourselves.

No comments: